Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bike, husband, shopping

1. Picking up my new bike - a Christmas present from my husband. The shop was only a 20 min walk from my house so I walked there and pushed it most of the way home then rode on the footpath for the last couple of blocks. I haven't ridden a bike for well over 20 years (I am 40 now) and I was quite nervous. With reason - I fell off the first time I tried to stop! Hurt my knee and palms. I felt about 5 years old, sitting on the ground trying not to cry. But I was very proud of myself for getting straight back on and riding the rest of the way. It is a lovely bike. They "built" it just for me as they didn't have any extra-small adult ladies' bikes in stock. I could have ridden the small, but my lack of skill made me want to be able to put my feet down easily. So in a week, at Christmas, I will have a lovely grey and pink pushbike with far more gears than I could ever use.

2. Meeting my husband for lunch and Christmas shopping. He works such long hours I don't get to spend much time with him these days. But holidays soon!

3. I think the Christmas shopping is all done (for me anyway, I think Tim still needs to help the kids buy some things for me) except for a few stocking fillers for our houseguests. I spent an hour this afternoon wrapping, so that is pretty much all done too. I love wrapping. Oo - I keep forgetting the ribbons I bought. I need to put some on the presents. We have a purple and gold theme this year, on the tree and with the wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment