Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roast lamb, a freelance job, engagement present

1. Roast lamb. Tender meat, crunchy skin. All my secret herbs and spices that I disclose to no-one. Mmmmm.

2. A freelance job! I have my ongoing independent contractor work, but this is only my second freelance job since I started by own business 4 months ago. And it is a fantasy romance novel - my absolute favourite. We are negotiating the price now. She probably can't afford what my time is worth, but tell you a secret ... I'll probably do it anyway!

3. We went shopping to get my brother-in-law and his fiancee an engagment present and chose some lovely light-blue towels. Traditional perhaps, but nice. They were in a gift box: 2 towels, 2 hand towels, 2 face washers. And they even turned out to be on sale, which we didn't know until we got to the check-out. My husband is now worried that we didn't spend enough! But it's only the engagement, we'll get something big for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment