Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quiet, flash fiction, commitment to exercise

1. It is a grey day outside, sprinkling rain. I am sitting inside, warm and cosy, with my cup of tea and my blogs to read. I have things to do, but nothing urgent. Nothing screaming at me to be done right now. No kids at home, the house empty and quiet. Aaaahhhhh.

2. A flash fiction piece I wrote was one of ten selected to represent the Canberra Speculative Fiction Guild at the upcoming Conflux. It will be printed on a card and placed in a tenth of the showbags given out to participants. Awesome.

3. I had a tough decision this morning. I was offered some fairly lucrative editing work, but I had already made a commitment to myself to take a few weeks off and really focus on my health and exercising. So I turned it down. I am going to look after myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment