Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sun, together, key

We've spent the last 5 days in Sydney on a mini holiday. I will just pick three highlights that come to mind.

1. On the drive home in the car today, feeling a bit cool but with the sun shining in on my legs warming them beautifully. Sometimes the simple things really are fantastic.

2. Sharing time with my family, away from the distractions of work and housework. I didn't need to cook or clean, my husband was with us instead of late at work.

3. The final moment of a frustrating hour. My mum was babysitting one evening, I got back to the hotel to take over (my husband was still out for a while longer) but she couldn't find her car keys. We didn't want to wake the kids, so we used the light from the bathroom and searched her handbag, the floor, the bed she had been sitting on, her handbag again - everything out and the bag squeezed to check it hadn't fallen through the lining - the car door and ignition, the ground between her car and the hotel room, the handbag yet again, everywhere over and over. After an hour we turned on the light (the kids didn't wake up) for one more look. It was in her handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment